Wednesday, November 25, 2009

School Projects

There's been two projects that have really been taking up a lot of time and a lot of effort; my portrait painting of one of my great friends Kyle and my illustrator piece which you've all seen the progress on up to this point.
The painting of Kyle that I'm doing is an acrylic black and white. First, we had to find a painting to reference, then take exact photo reference copying that original painting, sketch it, full render it on tracing paper, survive harsh critiques, redraw it all, photocopy it, gesso masonite, transfer our drawing to the board, cover it with layers of mat medium, paint black and white acrylic versions, and then we get to paint over it with oils. The whole thing sounds very tedious and very long but it was actually really interesting. Painting it was the hardest part since I'm not one for painting. Heres the black and white acrylic version.


Now is the possibly finished version of my illustrator piece. I'm not sure if I'll be able to work on it again.. but here's more or less what I'm probably handing in.



I'd love to hear critiques so feel free to comment.

No comments: